9.11.2009

Practice Makes Imperfect[ions Obvious]

I can’t decide if I am bored or sleepy, which is a major pain in the ass. I could go either way. I could shut down this computer and go to sleep. But I could also stay up a few more hours, having fun planning clubs and parties and thinking about the games.
Several people were absent from practice today. Three, to be exact, but there is also a girl who isn’t on the team but practices with us, so technically we were minus two people. We had eight skaters total, which means we could play 4 on 4. However, our coach was also absent.
Our assistant coach was there, but he was having trouble dividing up the lines. We don’t have regular lines yet, which might be a problem come Sunday during our game. I eventually ended up as a right wing with a center who is pretty much our best player.
Our best player from last year was an asshole to people that weren’t very good (especially me). This year, our best player is nice to everyone (including me). He doesn’t talk much, at least not to me, but at least he passes to me. Once we figured out what the other person was doing, we played really well together. I got a few assists in our mini-scrimmage and almost scored twice; he scored about ten times. I’m not exaggerating. Well, okay, I’m not exaggerating very much. He’s got a very scary shot. Even our awesome goalies are somewhat afraid of him.
It was a pretty sloppy practice, though. Everyone seemed really tired. And I am including myself in the everyone. I was tired too, although I did skate hard when it mattered.
Our game this weekend could suck, rock, or both. Our best players are very good, as are our goalies. On the other hand, our worst players are very bad. Which reminds me, I really need to take shots and work out every day. You have to be dedicated to play sports, particularly hockey. I am discovering that injuries during hockey season are a part of life. My neck hurts and I’ve got new bruises. But it’s completely worth it.
I did just have practice tonight, so I’d better get off the computer so I can take a shower. I might be back later though ;)

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your game! It's awesome that the best player isn't a a-hole this year. Hopefully, there won't be too many of those.

    ReplyDelete