10.16.2009

fdddfdsdfjdssdlfksjdlkasjdglkjasdgflkjdsg(aka Random Letters)

I'm almost messing up my life again. No, I take that back. I AM messing up my life again. But it's okay this time because it's totally worth it.
Our team is having a potluck and stuff this weekend since we don't have games. That should be a lot of fun because we're going to this pumpkin patch afterwards. I'm going to have a very busy weekend, what with that, the movies with my friends, and a study group with also some friends. And then on Sunday I have some hockey stuff and some homework to do.
I don't go to church, but you can't exactly say I'm not religious because I do believe in God. I'm not sure about Jesus. I believe he existed and that he changed the world, but I'm not sure if he was really God's son or was just really blessed and favored by him. And I'm not even going to get into the stuff involving Easter.
There's a kid on my team who says that if God existed, he would've left a long time ago because we are so depressing. He's not really sure about life after death. The rest of the team was just wondering why he didn't want to pray in one big group (I just didn't want to be that close to those guys) and then we got into this whole discussion where we tried to imagine nothing. Eventually someone came up with the idea that nothing was clear, but I shot that down because, as I said, "In order to know it's clear, you have to see something through it."
But I was pretty relieved because I didn't want anyone to give him a bunch of shit about not believing in God. It's his choice.
I kind of think that there is no true religion but the one in your heart, because it's the only one you will ever truly know. Everyone else has their own opinions about their God and each of them treats him a little differently. Just like every one of us is unique, so is our opinion about religion. It's just that some branches of religion have similar aspects. So for those people who are so deeply into their religion that they say "there is no true religion other than ours, and you all are following the wrong thing" they are blinded. They can't see any view other than their own, and it will affect their lives.
It does affect our lives. Muslim culture and Western culture are colliding in our world, and it is a result of hatred that leads us to believe that we, and only we, are right. Our way of living is the true way and the good way. Their way of living is bad, and we must stop it. This kind of thinking on both sides leads to hatred. We will be caught up in the hatred until we don't even remember its source, and then it will be too late because we will be fighting ourselves to our own ends. It will consume us and destroy us, and it is something that we have created.
Whoa, I didn't mean to get that political. But that's how I see the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment