10.12.2009

A Real Live Myth

So in preparation for reading the Odyssey, we are all researching a Greek character or object.
It's so weird because it's so quiet. I hate quiet. Quiet fills in everything a little too much, and leaves me alone with my own thoughts.
The only sounds are the rustling of paper and the clacking of keys. I hate that. I need noise, music, something. Oh, thank you. Someone in the second row was using whiteout and had to shake it. Someone else just coughed. But I don't like the silence because there's too much else to fill in the empty spaces.
Whisper, click, murmur, rustle, sigh, hum, creak, shuffle, flip, clack, and now the vroom of a diesel engine in the street below. As long as I can concentrate on each little noise, the silence won't seem so loud. But still, penguins keep just randomly popping into my head.
And the harder I try to not think about them, it keeps happening. I'm going to scream. I'm being such a bitch today. I already broke my pencil and insulted everyone in my group at least once. That's one thing that I'm good at.
Drew is happy, Alec is high, and I'm cruel. Taylor screwed everything up again. My world was warped. It's like a shock wave. Every time Taylor shows up in my life, everything else is damaged, too.
Oh, and I'm writing a new story.

No comments:

Post a Comment