10.07.2009

A Detailed Summary

So a lot has happened since I last blogged. We had this project for history, in which we made a storybook about the French Revolution. I unwittingly volunteered for not only the illustrations and two of the six topics, but I was also the one to revise it and lay it out in the latest Microsoft Word (subliminal advertising, anyone?) and print it, as well as add the things we left out. So I was pretty damn busy. But it was completely worth it because I got an A.
I've decided to teach myself to play guitar using a book I got for my birthday and just recently unearthed. My room is sort of a work in progress.
I have to have all four of my wisdom teeth removed, which is going to be a royal pain in the gums. Since two of them are already inbounded or whatever the correct term is, then they may have to knock me out and treat it like a surgery. The worst part is that my dad's dental insurance and health care plan does not cover it, so now it's pretty definite that we won't get to take that trip to Denver to see the U.S. Women's Hockey team. I didn't think we really would anyway, but it was a nice idea while it lasted.
But the Halloween party is still on, and somehow the guest list has expanded. My ideas are being refined and for the most part accepted.
My drawings are getting better. I was able to draw using a different style, although I haven't found another good way to draw eyes or noses, so basically I just changed the hair and neck/shoudler anatomy.
We beat the local girls' team, 8-1. One kid, or maybe two, got a hat trick. I didn't score. I was partly close. And I got a new stick, although I had to pay for 1/3 of it. I think it'll be worth it. It's an adult stick that was cut down to my size, only it's a little too big so I can grow into it. Practice is going pretty good. I can actually give my teammates some advice, especially about their skating, and even more parents are complementing me now.
School is as hard as ever, but now I'm getting used to staying up late every night, finishing most of my homework, and scraping by in class. And I get up pretty early compared with last year. Then I sleep in on weekends and go to games, practices, and public sessions.
I'm getting the hang of an academically and physically challenging life with not much social input. I'm going to get serious about dryland to be an example to my team (I can do more pushups than some of the guys) which might give me an edge over the competition for various things that I want to happen. I'm eating better and overall my life is better.
Yeah, my life isn't so bad. Although my love life does rather suck. One person that I can't forget might come back, while I gave up on two others, one of whom also is returning little by little. There is one problem that I'm working on, and one that I don't want to acknowledge. Then there is one consistent pull in two different directions.
It's complicated. But it works.
I have to go to read my assignment for speech class, so I'll try to wrap this up.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, my life hasn't improved much. But my outlook has.
And I can deal. I will, a little at a time, get used to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment