10.20.2009

Old News

Gawsh, I'm bored.
We are in journalism. We didn't have an anime club meeting today. I had to print out a whole bunch of shit in the last few days, including my bio hw and three journalism assignments, as well as my sources for both journalism and speech class.
But the good part is, we're starting to go from a class to a real paper production, complete with online version that will be up soon. I won't really be a part of the online version, although I'm hoping to be any or all of these:
>Copy Editor, who is in charge of making sure the other people's articles have correct spelling and grammar and are consistent with AP style
>Social Committee member, who keeps track of birthdays, special events, and fund raisers, and plans parties and ways to earn money
>Opinion Columnist, who turns in one opinion column per week for the online version and the best will be in the print version
What do you think? I can totally be at least one of those things. I just turned in the reasons why I should get each job. I think I'll find out by the end of the period. Until then, the only thing I have to do is finish my homework from other classes (:P), decide which of the news articles I am going to pursue (the recent PTO meeting or the upcoming Fine Arts Day?), or blog. Given the choice, well....I'll blog. :D
In the meantime, I gotta help plan for this Halloween party that me and my friends are incorporating, as well as work on my other classwork. And so the never-ending shitstorm takes over once again.
My brain is becoming fuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy from lackzzzzzz of zzzzzzzzzzzzleeeep.........O.O just now I thought I smelled one of those pretzels you see while walking through the mall or on the streets of New York City. How weird!! But it served my purpose and woke me up...*yawn*... As I was saying, temporarily.
I've got this little art pencil, solid graphite, leaning up on my laptop. My arm warmers are barely touching the bruise on my elbow. My binder and my reporter's notebook are lying on the desk along with a piece of crumpled paper. The classroom is filled with easy chatter as the students finish up their work and begin packing up to leave in a few minutes. They're discussing upcoming and recent tests and the articles they're doing for school and the things they're doing after school and the convention and the disgusting lunch and the name of the paper and the bell just rang.

No comments:

Post a Comment