8.18.2009

The Downside Of Up

So here I am in my second week of Hi! School.
Aren't you so proud of me?
I know, I know. I'm not either.
My name is Emily. I live in the middle of nowhere, in California if that gets you anywhere. I can't wait to leave.
I'm basically an ordinary teenager with ordinary teenage problems that I think are the end of the world. (I'm being sarcastic. I'm not normal.)
So this morning, I wake up and roll out of bed, find some clothes that are tolerably clean, and head off for eight-and-a-half hours of mental duress. I meet up with my friends and we head off to our many misadventures in our miscellanious (I probably misspelled that) classes together. We trudge through several mundane lectures about biology and Charles Dickens (take off the "ens" 'cuz apparently he left his wife for a younger woman) before arriving at lunch. I forget that I brought yogurt, because I am happily scrolling down through miles of Word documents that I wrote.
After lunch comes more of the same. We take notes, we fall asleep, we wake up right before the teacher yells at us. Well, actually, they don't yell yet. It's still the beginning of the year and everyone's mellow.
And now, I'm sitting here blogging instead of completing my homework like they recommend. Oh, well. I'll just finish it at the rink tonight.
One of my friends is reading over my shoulder, I don't know why but he's laughing now so I guess it's not for purposes of destruction.
I guess I should be working, but this is writing, so maybe it could be like an extra-credit English project? Probably not, but I can hope just the same. And I really do need to work on some certain things, but that's not exactly easy when all the things I need to practice involve a large stick, which is probably classified as a "dangerous weapon" and therefore banned from school.
Which I think is stupid. How many times have you been cut by a knife? Hopefully not many. How many times have you been cut by paper?
Exactly my point.
I'll make an entry in this blog as often as my mundane life permits (a lot, then). Until next time, I am faithfully,
The Cookie Monster On Ice, etc. etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment