8.24.2009

A Normal Weirdo

Hey, it's me.
Big surprise, I know.
So, how many people have read my blog by now? Probably zero? Yeah, that's what I thought. If I'm wrong, so help me and comment!!!
Well so far I am back to hating my life. Yeah, I can't enter my art in the amateur art contest because I can't go there on Saturday. The team picnic is that same day, and I might also have a game that day too. I'm screwed.
It wasn't like I expected to win or anything, but I still wanted to enter and get experience. Which reminds me, my mom doesn't want me to have an account on deviantart because she doesn't like the name. WTF??? I mean, yeah, deviant means...basically...having...characteristics of a...slut...but it's not like I'm a slut and it's not like anyone with an account on deviantart is also gonna be a slut. Sheesh.
Yeah, I'm in this place with my art where random people say "Ohh you're so good" and my parents say "This is so nice" and my sister says "Can you draw something for me" but all my friends say "Yeah that's okay look at my awesome funny chibis!!!"
And I found this really good book telling how to draw manga. It's much better than those "How To Draw Manga" sh*t the library has. It teaches you to be a better artist and then how to develop your own style of drawing while learning the techniques of producing manga.
So basically I'm trying to use human anatomy in my drawings. It's a lot harder than I thought, especially when it comes to proportions of heads and shape of limbs and size of neck and stuff like that. Although, I have been using my friend's chibis for reference, with some mixed results. I made a great few scenes for an English project, and maybe I can scan it and put it on an illegal deviantart account. XD
Heh heh...next time.

2 comments:

  1. LOL I'll get a deviant art account if I get a better scanner and some programs. You should take some anatomy classes with me next semester or over the summer at Delta. We could get better together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds coolio. But I may be unavoidably detained, i.e., at the rink.

    ReplyDelete