8.21.2009

This End Down

So hey again!
...Nobody is reading this, are they?
I didn't think so. But anyway, I'll write even though nobody cares because that is my calling in life. I shall bring entertainment to the human race. Yes I shall! I shall become a successful mangaka and a musician, as well as a brilliant athlete and OWW
Yeah, so anyways I broke my toenail. Yes, it hurts, thanks so much for the concern. I was at back-to school night, a sordid affair, and I was so incredibly bored that I began kicking a basketball over and over at the chainlink fence.
Turns out, basketballs aren't meant to be kicked. Who knew?
That's what the OWW was about. Not to mention I scraped the skin off my knee and forgot to put a band-aid on it and so then it really hurt when I was practicing. No biggie, though. I've had worse. Especially when a certain SOMEONE ran into me last season and fell on top of me, landing on my spinal cord and therefore ruining my skating ability for the rest of practice. And then the same SOMEONE hit me the other day when I didn't have my mouth guard and my tooth nearly fell out.
Aww, you guys are so sweet. Yeah, I'm okay. No, really.
I've never had study hall before. I think I rather like it. We have wireless throughout the entire building, so I can type this up at my leisure. The downsides? There are none.
Nay, nay, I jest. This computer is controlled by the district and so ZOMFG THATS HILARIOUS. This kid just said copying and pasting from the internet was profanity.
For those of you who don't know what the correct term is, it's plagerism. Or plaigerism. Whatever. Profanity is cuss words.
But are there drawbacks to having a district-controlled computer? Definitely. Absolutely. We can't go on YouTube, MySpace, Quizilla, Facebook, etc.
There is a reason why we are getting all this technology, and it has some things to do with our principal's illustrious goals for this wonderful school. But it also has some other things to do with the fact that the district superintendant's daughter is going to the school.
In fact, in student government today, she asked permission to print out little buttons for her campaign. Buttons, I ask you. Buttons. First of all, if you read the student code of conduct or whatever, it prohibits you from bringing sharp objects to school. And buttons?!? Seriously, when does any high school election require campaign buttons?
Correct answer: in a school for rich kids. This is not a school for rich kids. Let's just say that over half of the people in this school are receiving free or reduced cost lunches.
Then again, two of my friends are people who receive those, and that's because their mother cheated on the forms. (Heh.) And around the corner, there's a lady selling drugs. This school is not in the best location. Most of the people who live in the apartments nearby are either drug or alcohol users or sellers.
I'm kind of used to it. In the last school I went to, I was the only white kid in the school. It's hard to be white in a town like this because some people assume that I'm hating on them based on the color of my skin. But isn't that prejudice, too?
It's like Valkyrie. Ya know, that movie with Tom Cruise in it? When they were getting ready to execute the plan, someone said, "What if we fail?" And someone else replied, "We can't fail. But they have to know that we weren't all bad. Some of us didn't agree, and at least we have tried."
Or something along those lines. Well, not all white people were bad. Custer was one very bad person. Andrew Jackson was another. And there were a lot of people, nameless and faceless, in the history books that became an army that was under the command of those terrible people and went along with it. But some didn't know any better and some disagreed.
Wow, I just talked about history for ten minutes. How boring is that?
Please do not answer the question. It was a rhetorical question.
Have you ever noticed how Australians ask a lot of rhetorical questions? It's because they need your approval? Because they are not very self-confident?
Anyway, so the Dutch landed in Australia first. They looked around and said, "Thees is a shithole."
Then came the French. They landed, got off and walked around, and said, "Well we agree wiz zey Dutch."
And lastly came the English, who in a rare display of optimism, said, "Well, it is a bit shitty. But maybe it's less shitty over there."
Impressed? Don't be. I got it off of YouTube.
And then, of course, they sent their prisoners there. And the prisoners got off the boat (which quickly sailed away) and went for a walk. When they got back, I imagine they said something along the lines of "Damn."
That part I did make up.
The first camel in Australia was named Harry. Sadly, Harry died, before ever hooking up with a lovely female Australian camel, in a tragic rifle accident. (*snort*)
Yes, my friends and I got very interested in Australia when we did a history project for lauguage arts class (aka English for Idiots. We learned nada in class that year, due to our horrible horrible horrible teacher). So then a few weeks ago I went to a Jewish wedding where the groom's family was from Australia. It's up there as one of the weirdest fun experiences of my life. (Also up there is my first anime convention. For those of you who have been to one, you'll know what I'm talking about. For those who haven't, read the first few pages of Dramacon and you'll understand.)
I just realized how freakin' long this post is. My badness. Esteemed imaginary followers, I apologize from the storage cabinet of my heart. (I don't say bottom because it means bum. Who wants apologies from the buttcrack of someone's heart?)
But anyway, bye.

2 comments:

  1. What[s-her-face is making buttons? Who is going to where them besides her and 2 or 3 other ppl? Retarded.
    Or school is in a pretty sucky location. But it does have its pluses.
    I have yet to see Valkerie. I saw a documentary about Operation Valkerie. I probaly won't see the Tom Cruise verion, as he is a loser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's not making them. Ms. Schulz made that clear.

    ReplyDelete